Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Optimum Organization Linky Party


I am linking up with Ladybug's Teacher Files and Fun in Room 4B to share an organizational system I used this school year. 
I am constantly trying to come up with the best way to get classwork into the hands of absent students.  As it has been proven time and time again, I do not do well, by simply giving it to them the next day.  That means, you have to remember they were absent the day before.  It sounds so easy, but it isn't.  Therefore, I came up with this system. 

I teach two classes, each with a different homeroom teacher.  They are known as "Talley's Class" or "Breedlove's Class", based on their homeroom teacher.  SO.... if you are absent, your name is placed on the "Make Up Work" board.   (this is a student job, placing the absent names on the board) Then, the work that the student misses, due to an absent, is placed in the appropriate folder, depending on their homeroom teacher.  Once the absent student has received their missing work, they remove their name from the Make Up Work board. 

When the work is complete, the student places it in the turn in box by the folder.

For this year, it worked.  I am planning on making a few revisions to this system, but overall, it worked out well.





1 comment:

  1. This is a battle that I fight too. I love your idea. I'm sure it would work for fourth graders also. I just pinned it so I wouldn't forget.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!