Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stations?

I need help! 

Now that school is underway, I want to begin planning stations for my students to rotate through.  This is what I'm thinking:
I want to have 5 stations.  This will be one station for each group, a day.  By Friday, all the students would have visited each station.  I am planning on 30 - 45 minutes for each station. I have a rough draft of topics, which will help align with the new Common Core Standards
-social studies (global awareness)
-vocabulary
-teenbiz3000 (which is a new textbook based program online) (media fluency)
-current events (effective writing through journaling)
-SRAs (informational text)

These are just a few ideas.  I have 5 Ipads available to me, most of the time.  There are 4 student computers in my classroom. 

I'm interested in hearing from you.  What do you do for stations, centers, whatever you call them....
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!